Why does it make sense to buy a pre-built gaming desktop in 2021?
When it becomes more and more difficult to build a PC in 2021 due to the ridiculous prices of RAMs, processors and GPUs, these OEMs like to provide cheaper and better value gaming desktops. . In fact, instead of literally chasing a GPU, you can instantly get a pre-built gaming PC, which is pretty weird.
These OEMs now have a lot of these gaming desktops that you can buy with overnight delivery and still get the hardware you need to hunt down in the market at cheaper rates.
Take for example the Lenovo IdeaCentre G5 gaming desktop and its specs are as follows:
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- NVIDIA RTX 2060 CD 6 GB GDDR6 graphics card
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM
- 1TB hard drive + 256GB SSD
- Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity and Xbox Game Pass
Now, let’s say you want to make a custom PC separately, and you’re only looking for the hardware described here:
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X – ₹ 28,419: https://amzn.to/3apnDwX
- NVIDIA RTX 2060 – More luck finding one at the right price because it’s almost Rs. 50k everywhere
- 8GB DDR4 RAM – nearly ₹ 4,500
- 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD – almost ₹ 3,000 + ₹ 4,000 = ₹ 7,000
- B450M motherboard – at least ₹ 6,000: https://amzn.to/3x9NH9h
- 500W power supply – nearly ₹ 3,500
- A decent case – at least ₹ 3,000
- Windows 10 Home license – around ₹ 3,000
So that’s okay, to sum it up over Rs. 1 lakh and on top of that you need to put them together, so given the current situation, prebuilt gaming desktops seem like a much better option. The example used here, the Lenovo IdeaCentre G5 gaming desktop, is available for just ₹ 82,990 with overnight delivery. Get it from here: https://amzn.to/3egEq6E
This is the reason why you should avoid making a gaming PC as the GPU prices are specifically insane, you better go for these gaming desktops as they are often on sale. We’ll be bringing the Best Preset Gaming PCs to Review in India 2021 soon, so stay tuned!