Stardew Valley update has a new surprise feature
A new Valley of stars update was posted by Concerned Ape. We don’t know what the file size of the update is, but we do know what the update does, thanks to the official patch notes. Most notably, the update comes with a whole new feature for those who use more than one screen on PC. Meanwhile, a few long overdue gameplay improvements and fixes have also been released thanks to the update.
“It’s a small patch that fixes a few bugs, adds a ‘quality of life’ feature for multi-screen users, and fixes a few gameplay inconsistencies that have been around for a long time (i.e. dirt hoe under mature forage crops (spawning and indoor grass that dies in winter), ”a blurb accompanying the release notes read.
- On multi-monitor setups, the game now remembers and restores to the last used monitor.
- Potential fix for a random crash that could occur at the end of the night.
- Fixed a bug that prevented wallpapers and floors of different farm types from being applied when starting a new game.
- Fixed a bug where pressing ESC to close the level-up screen would cause the menu to disappear without applying level-up, causing it to reappear every night.
- Bine dirt no longer decomposes under farm forage. This ensures that the dirt under the freshly cultivated seasonal forage seeds can no longer randomly disappear.
- Grass placed indoors no longer dies when the seasons switch to winter.
- Fixed not being able to harvest tea plants placed on garden pots on Ginger Island.
- Fixed an issue where the Z key could no longer be linked after resetting the default controls.
- Fixed map screenshots not working on Linux.
- Updated Steamworks.NET to 20.0.0.
Valley of stars is available through Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, PS5, PS VIta, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. For more coverage not only on Stardew Valley, but all things gaming, including including all the latest official news, all the latest unofficial rumors and leaks, and all the latest speculation on Reddit – click here.