Maxon wraps up June with Maxon One Toolset updates
June was a big month for Maxon, as the company announced a host of enhancements and updates for the Maxon One toolset. The Cinema 4D update comes with continued Redshift development, key improvements and compatibility updates to Red Giant tools. All updates are immediately available to individual tool and Maxon One subscribers.
4D cinema 26.1 includes an improved node UI and enhancements to simulation, fields, and volume modeling, in addition to numerous fixes and workflow improvements. New features include:
- New curvature option for smooth fields and bevels in solid modeling.
- The Node UI includes an upgrade in appearance and interaction.
- The “Edit Asset as a Group” command allows you to directly explore and edit existing capsules directly from the Object Manager.
Maxon One subscription value-added offers include:
- The Capsules library adds assets for photorealistic rendering, including surface imperfections, HDRIs, and Redshift materials.
- A pack of premium Redshift ArchViz materials created by design studio Fuchs und Vogel has been added to the Maxon Capsules collection (quickly accessible by searching for “fv-rs” in the Materials/Redshift category of the Cinema 4D Asset Browser ).
- A set of twelve interior and exterior HDR images added by Jorgen HDRI to create realistic lighting and reflections (also quickly found by searching for “jhdri” in the Asset Browser).
Cinema 4D’s powerful fields and terrain forces can now influence cloth and rope simulations. As a result, simulation performance has improved and fabric collisions have been improved.
The Volume Builder now offers improved performance thanks to OpenVDB 9; Booleans can now be smoothed based on a radius.
Advanced artists in MoGraph can now use the curvature of any object in fields to set the strength of fades, colors of clones, or alignment of field strengths. For example, use curvature vectors to align clones or generate field strengths based on the concavity of objects.
Recent updates include “bokeh” depth of field in Redshift RT and blackbody temperature controls for volume shading. When rendering using the CPU, artists will find improved performance and, with the addition of Round Corners, enjoy full GPU compatibility.
Trapcode Suite 18.1 introduces time-based mapping to complete the feature set of layer maps in particular. Additionally, the Grow Bounds utility now runs natively on M1 machines, with the service pack including several bug fixes for Particular, Form, and 3D Stroke. Magic Bullet 16.1 brings Halation and Diffusion to Cinema 4D – allowing artists to add film-like bloom and aberration to their renders in Cinema 4D. The main focus of PluralEyes 4.1.12 and Universe 6.1 is workflow and compatibility. PluralEyes 4.1.12 adds Vegas Pro 18 and 19 and RED Komodo compatibility, fully restoring compatibility with FCPX. Universe 6.1 offers improved support for AMD graphics cards and several bug fixes in various Universe tools. VFX Suite 3.1 improves the performance of Real Lens Flares and includes several bug fixes.
All updates are immediately available to subscribers through the Maxon App and the Maxon website.
Debbie Diamond Sarto is associate editor at Animation World Network.