Introducing the Verizon Visa Card, a new way for Verizon
What would you like to know:
- Use your Verizon Visa card® wherever it’s accepted to earn Verizon dollars – rewards you can redeem for the best things at Verizon. Spend 1 Verizon dollar on Verizon purchases like you would spend 1 US dollar. No limits on how much you can earn, no expiration date.
- The Verizon Visa card, available exclusively to Verizon wireless customers, is the only credit card eligible for the Auto Pay discount on Verizon, so new Auto Pay registrants can get the best price available on Verizon Unlimited plans.
- It’s worth its weight in rewards. For everyday grocery and restaurant purchases, including delivery and pickup, cardholders will earn expedited rewards to help save on their Verizon bill or on the latest technology.
- Customers can add the card to their mobile wallets for contactless digital use or carry the sleek and beautifully designed metal card in their pocket.
- Starting today, we’re offering eligible customers early access to apply for the card with a chance to get up to $ 1,000 Verizon Dollars * if approved. Customers can visit verizon.com/bethefirst to see the full eligibility rules and how to qualify to become an early cardholder ahead of the official launch on June 26.
NEW YORK, June 22, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – On June 26, Verizon will offer customers more of our best, from one-time rewards to monthly discounts on your wireless bill, with the introduction of the Verizon Visa Card – the first card credit card designed with the savvy and mobile customer in mind.
Verizon’s new credit card, issued by Synchrony, gives mainstream wireless customers the opportunity to save on their monthly Verizon bill through rewards earned on daily purchases and the freedom to use those rewards for Verizon purchases, including bill payment and the latest 5G phones and accessories.
Introducing Verizon Dollars.
With a new way to save comes a new form of currency called Verizon Dollars. Redeemable for everything Verizon-related, including new 5G devices, accessories, and even your monthly Verizon Wireless bill, Verizon Dollars offer customers incredible rewards just for their daily purchases. Spend 1 Verizon dollar on Verizon purchases like you would spend 1 US dollar. No limits on how much you can earn, no expiration date.
Here is how it works.
Customers can save more, earn more, and do more with the Verizon Visa Card. Once approved, the card can be used instantly for today’s Verizon purchase. It is the only credit card that is eligible for the Auto Pay discount of up to $ 10 / month per line on certain plans. New Auto Pay customers who sign up with the card can get the best price on Unlimited Verizon plans and new cardholders can get up to $ 100 in wireless bill credits over 24 consecutive months when using their new Verizon Visa card to pay their monthly Verizon bill.
In addition to the best prices available, cardholders will also earn Verizon Dollars on every purchase using their Verizon Visa card anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted – including 4% on gas and grocery purchases / delivery ; 3% on food / delivery and curbside pick-up purchases; 2% on Verizon purchases and 1% on all other purchases. Customers also have the option to claim Verizon dollars through the Verizon Up Program and combine them with those earned by spending on their card.
“Delivering more of our best when you connect with friends, family and your digital world is at the forefront of everything we do,” said Frank Boulben, senior vice president of marketing and consumer products at Verizon . “We created the Verizon Visa Card with our customers in mind, making it the only credit card in the world designed specifically to put Verizon customers first and give them more value, more ways to save and some of the best rewards in the industry for the things they buy every day.
“This card represents what consumers demand right now – a contactless, frictionless, and above all digital experience,” said Tom Quindlen, executive vice president, CEO, Retail Card at Synchrony. “We have worked in partnership with Verizon to create a unique and robust rewards program for their customers that uses simple and easy tools to apply, purchase and manage the card account.”
“Visa is proud to partner with Verizon on the launch of the new Verizon Visa card,” said Kirk Stuart, senior vice president, head of merchants for North America, Visa. “As consumers increasingly look for ways to stay digitally connected, the Verizon Visa card offers real savings on Verizon products and services, plus benefits for everyday and essential purchases. We look forward to working with Verizon on this exciting new program to deliver value to cardholders and improve their daily payment experiences. “
The (not so) fine print …
There’s no cap on rewards, no confusing expiration dates, no annual fees, and no overseas transaction fees.
Get early access and apply.
Beginning today and through June 25 at 9:00 p.m. ET, we’re offering eligible customers early access to apply for the card with a chance to get up to $ 1,000 Verizon Dollars * if approved. Customers can visit verizon.com/bethefirst to see the full eligibility rules and how to qualify to become an early cardholder before the official launch on June 26.
To apply for the Verizon Visa Card when it officially launches on June 26, visit verizon.com/yourrenewcard or apply through the My Verizon app.
Here’s an example of how a family of four could spend and earn Verizon dollars.
* The Early Access promotion registration list is valid from 10:00 p.m. ET on 6/22/20 to 9:00 p.m. ET on 6/25/20. To register to be added to the list and receive an application link, you must have a Verizon Wireless account or an account manager of 10 lines or less; aged 18 and over and a US resident. Prepaid customers and Verizon employees, including employees covered by collective agreements, are not eligible. $ 1,000,000 Verizon Dollars is available to be divided equally among all approved participants for the card (“Approved Participants”); however, in no event will an approved individual participant receive more than $ 1,000 Verizon Dollars. The actual amount awarded to each Authorized Participant and the total amount awarded will depend on the number of Authorized Participants. Void where prohibited. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the Early Access promotion in the event of promotion fraud or abuse. Visit verizon.com/bethefirst for full rules.
About Verizon Communications, Inc.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) was incorporated on June 30, 2000 and celebrates 20 years as a leading global provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products and services. New York-based and with a worldwide presence, Verizon generated $ 131.9 billion in revenue in 2019. The company delivers voice, data and video services and solutions across its award-winning networks and platforms , meeting customer demand for mobility, reliable network connectivity, security and control.
VERIZON ONLINE MEDIA CENTER: Press releases, articles, media contacts, and other resources are available at www.verizon.com/about/news/. Press releases are also available via an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit www.verizon.com/about/rss-feeds/.
Synchrony (NYSE: SYF) is a leading consumer financial services company. We offer a wide range of specialized financing programs, as well as innovative banking products for consumers, in key industries including digital, retail, home, automotive, travel, health and animals. of company. Synchrony allows our partners to increase their sales and retain consumers. We are one of the largest private label credit card issuers in the United States; we also offer co-branded products, installment loans, and consumer finance products for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as healthcare providers.
Synchrony is changing what’s possible with our digital capabilities, deep industry expertise, actionable data insights, seamless customer experience, and personalized financing solutions. For more information visit www.synchrony.com and Twitter: @Synchrony.
About Visa inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the global leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments worldwide and is capable of processing over 65,000 transaction messages per second. The company’s focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device, for anyone, everywhere. As the world shifts from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information visit About Visa, visa.com/blog and@VisaNews.