Head of Strategic Finance – Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and user-friendly, giving consumers the ability to buy now and pay later with no hidden fees or compound interest.
We are looking for a hardworking professional with an analytical mind to join the Strategic Finance team! Strategic Finance is responsible for managing the company’s financial forecasts and KPIs, driving company strategy, and performing financial analysis across the company. Your work will help set team-level goals, annual budgets, and advice for investors, and build the infrastructure needed to hold the business accountable for achieving its goals. You will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative information to drive better decision-making across the organization. The ideal candidate will not only have superb technical skills, but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cross-functionally influence and present themselves at all levels of the organization.
What you gonna do
- Design, create and own a user-based forecasting model that will inform sales and product teams as well as company strategy and decision making
- Drive business results by developing automated dashboards for users, merchants and financial analytics and reporting infrastructure
- Analyze and report on the financial performance achieved to managers and other managers of the company
- Help establish performance measures, goals, ensure overall analytical rigor in decision making and overall accountability
- Join a cohesive and cohesive team with exceptional transversal impact and ownership
What we are looking for
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and finance industry for the better
- 3+ years of experience in analytics-focused roles (analytics, data science, consulting, finance, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and Python or R
- Excellent command of predictive analysis and forecasting
- Excel modeling experience preferred (you must be prepared for a financial model case study)
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
We are delighted to announce that Affirm is now a remote business! This role can be located anywhere in the United States Remote-based employees can sometimes come to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible to anyone on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Check out our remote approach first to learn more about the new ways we work.
If you’ve made it to this point, we hope you feel excited about the job description you just read. Even if you think you do not meet all of the requirements, we still encourage you to apply. We look forward to meeting people who believe in Affirm’s mission and who can contribute to our team in different ways – not just candidates who tick all the boxes.
At Affirm, “people first” is a core value and that is why diversity and inclusion are essential to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read more about our D&I program here and our progress to date in our 2019 D&I report.
We also believe “It’s On Us ”to provide an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates who require personalized support during the hiring process.