bZx loses over $ 55million, $ 100million game plan for Solana + More news
Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain news – investigating the stories that slip under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- The DeFi bZx (BZRX) loan protocol has again lost its funds. The team confirmed that on Friday “it appears that the private key controlling Polygon and BSC deployments was compromised, resulting in a loss of funds” of more than $ 55 million.
- FTX, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Solana companies announcement they are investing $ 100 million in the development of Web 3.0 games. The funding will support game studios and technology that integrate the Solana (SOL) blockchain into video games on desktop and mobile platforms.
- The Bank of Spain is asking the country’s leading financial institutions to provide information on their crypto-related plans for the next three years, El Pais reported. He asked banks if they plan to issue tokens or provide custody, trading or payment services for crypto, and describe any initiatives to market products or offer services to customers through a platform. -digital form over the next three years.
- United States Securities Commission (SEC) chairman Gary Gensler denied that the new tech labels are changing the realities of securities definitions, specifically calling for decentralized finance (DeFi) and crypto products. He explained that regardless of the name of the assets or their purported mission, the watchdog “will examine the economic realities of a given product or arrangement to determine whether it complies with securities laws.”
- Singapore based macro hedge fund manager Modular asset management is developing an environmental, social and governance framework for investing in cryptocurrencies, according to Bloomberg. Modular’s partners have started to deploy their personal capital in the portfolio, which could open up to outside investors next year.
- Crypto exchange AscendEX announced the closing of a $ 50 million Series B raise led by Capital Polychain and Hack VC. The company plans to use the funds to accelerate international market entry and catalyze new product innovations, specifically focused on blockchain-based yield generation protocols.
- Mobile payment service App Cash generated $ 1.82 billion in bitcoin (BTC) revenue and $ 42 million in BTC gross margin in the third quarter of 2021, up 11% and 29% year-over-year respectively, according to a letter to shareholders. The increases are due to positive price changes for BTC, while these numbers have declined from the second quarter of this year due to the relative stability of the asset.
- A provider of tokenization and asset compliance infrastructure token has helped Enegra Group Ltd., a commodities trading company with around $ 28 billion in net asset value (NAV), is migrating its EGX security tokens linked to Ethereum (ETH) stocks to Polygon (MATIC). According to the press release, the migration enables “faster end-to-end transfers of EGX security tokens with near zero transaction fees.”
- Oracle Blockchain Chainlink Solution (CONNECT) announced it crossed $ 75 billion in Total Value Secured (TVS). According to the team, this makes the Chainlink network one of the most secure forms of decentralized consensus of value.
- italian central bank Bank of Italy and the German central bank Deutsche Bundesbank announced that they had participated in a joint experience-sharing workshop on central bank money settlement of assets traded on blockchain. The initiative focused on the possibility of supplementing the established means of settlement in central bank money with a programmable trigger mechanism linking the blockchain-based asset and the cash to be settled through conventional payment systems.
News about adoptions
- Large American Retailer Kroger said claims it will accept bitcoin cash (BCH) as a payment method this holiday season are fraudulent, according to Reuters. However, they did not specify how the initial announcement appeared on their website, nor on press release distributor PR Newswire.
News from the exchanges
- Ethereum based (ETH) winning game Infinite Axis deployed on Katana decentralized exchange (DEX) on its personalized sidechain Ronin. The RON ecosystem, to be used for Ronin transactions, has also been launched, and users are entitled to 100 free Ronin transactions per day, but the network will eventually switch to using RON for Ronin fees.
- Binance announced the appointment of Amjad Qaqish, former veteran of criminal investigations at the United States Revenue Service, who joins the organization’s compliance department as director of global suspicious activity reports (SAR).
News about scams
The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation warned the public against fraudulent schemes using cryptocurrency ATMs and Quick Response (QR) codes to facilitate payment. The scammer often requests payment from the victim and provides a QR code associated with the scammer’s crypto wallet to use during the transaction, then directs the victim to a physical cryptocurrency ATM to insert their money, buy money. crypto and use the QR Code to automatically fill in the recipient’s address.
Crypto miner Argo block chain estimates that the cost of building and equipping its 800-megawatt Texas mining facility project could be $ 1.5 billion to $ 2 billion, according to a regulatory filing.