AMD FSR 2.0 works with Cyberpunk 2077 with third-party mod
Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the biggest, if not the biggest NVIDIA DLSS title… which now unofficially supports AMD FSR 2.0, thanks to a third-party modder.
SEE THE GALLERY – 5 IMAGES
AMD’s new FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 (FSR 2.0) technology is making its way into more and more games, but modder “PotatoOfDoom1337” replaced NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 files with FSR 2.0, and it worked. Cyberpunk 2077 already supports FSR 1.0, but no official FSR 2.0 support yet.
All you have to do to get FSR 2.0 support in Cyberpunk 2077 is replace some files and make registry changes in Windows, and you get fantastic performance boosts from the upgrade technology. the FSR 2.0 scale. The modder used a previous generation GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card and ran Cyberpunk 2077 with FSR 2.0 at 4K at 45FPS…twice the performance of his GTX 1080, thanks to FSR 2.0.
PotatoOfDoom1337 posted some screenshots from Cyberpunk 2077 using FSR 1.0 and FSR 2.0, so you can see them below:
Now this is an unofficial third party mod for the game and so there will be some issues. The biggest benefit of this is that we might see more games with NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 support, get an injection of FSR 2.0, and with it bring more free performance across a wider range of graphics cards.
- Extract the archive to the Cyberpunk folder so that the 3 DLL files are in the same folder as the main EXE file. (Don’t use Vortex. The plugin has some problems with dlls it doesn’t know…)
- Very important: Run the included “EnableSignatureOverride.reg” file as administrator.
- Launch the game, go to graphics options and select a “DLSS” setting.
- Play the game with FSR 2.0.
- Delete all installed DLL files.
- Run the “DisableSignatureOverride.reg” file as an administrator.